Why Buy Pet Insurance?
Information for pet owners in -
- Get Free quotes from the best pet insurers
- Protect your pets from harm and yourself from unexpected vet bills
- Claim exclusive discounts and offers from top providers
With the onslaught of bills to pay for, adding one more on top of the load can seem a bit excessive for your pet. That is why people ask why to buy pet insurance when there are so many other financial responsibilities in the mix.
But for most people, their pets are like a part of the family and they would be willing to pay any price to keep them healthy. Unfortunately, we can’t predict the medical problems that our pets will have, and we can’t guarantee that we will be able to afford them when they do arise. That’s why to buy pet insurance. Here is a list of benefits if you are still skeptical.
- You can keep your own veterinarian. Unlike human health care, you don’t have to stay within your network. You go to whichever vet you choose, and the insurance company will reimburse you for your bill. So, if you have been using a vet for years and are comfortable with them and happy with their care, you don’t have to give them up. You are free to stay with them and still be eligible for the pet insurance.
- Pet insurance helps you budget. Unexpected vet bills can cost thousands of dollars. Figuring out how to afford such a bill can be almost impossible for some people. When you consider why to buy pet insurance, money is a big weight in. If you are independently wealthy, you might not need to buy pet insurance. If you are a normal hard-working person, however, buying pet insurance can save you a lot of money. With the cost of vet visits rising, any way to save money is worth it. Many times, a vet bill must be paid with a credit card or a high interest loan. Pet insurance can save you the money you would be paying on interest by allowing you to pay a smaller monthly payment.
- It’s easy. Getting reimbursed for your veterinary bills is as simple as filling out a form and sending it in. Depending on the reimbursement rate you chose in your plan, you will be getting a check in the mail for part or all your vet bill. There’s very little complicated paperwork and hoops to jump through.
- It’s affordable. The cost of health insurance for people is outrageous at times. Pet insurance is surprisingly affordable. For less than $50 per month, you can be sure to be able to take your pet in to the vet without worrying about the bill being too high. Some policies can be as cheap as $10 per month.
- Pet insurance allows you to give your pet the best medical care. Instead of choosing what to do based on cost, you can choose how to care for your pet based on what would be best for them. Many times, your budget can make some procedures too costly to be an option for your pet, even if you know it is really what they need. Pet insurance makes that hard decision a piece of cake by allowing you to rest easy knowing you can take care of them the way you want to.
- Pet insurance can save your pets life. This is definitely the undeniable number one reason why to buy pet insurance. As sad as it is, some pets have been euthanized, not because they couldn’t be saved medically, but because their family couldn’t afford the medical bill that would come with the procedure they needed. Pet insurance can help prevent that tragedy by taking huge bills and cutting them into a fraction of the cost. This means that you won’t have to feel forced to give up your pet because you can’t pay the bill.