Pumpkin Insurance Review (2023)
- VPets can be Taken to Any Vet in the U.S. or Canada.
- Chronic Conditions are Eligible for Coverage.
- Discount for Multiple Pet Coverage.
- A Variety of Insurance Plans Available.
- What Is Pumpkin Care Pet Insurance? Pumpkin Care is a comprehensive pet insurance company that provides coverage for dogs, cats, and rabbits. As an all-inclusive plan, they offer customizable coverage options with no caps on payouts and no annual limits on claims. You can choose from three levels of coverage—Basic, Plus, and Premium—each with different levels of deductibles and reimbursement rates.
- What Does Pumpkin Care Cover? The level of coverage varies depending on which plan you choose; however, all plans cover accidents and illnesses as well as preventive care such as vaccinations and routine check-ups. Pumpkin Care will reimburse up to 90% of vet bills for eligible expenses including hospitalization, surgery, diagnostic tests, prescription medications, and more. Some common exclusions include pre-existing conditions and hereditary issues. Be sure to read the policy carefully to understand what is covered by your particular plan.
- How Much Does Pumpkin Care Cost? The cost of your policy will depend on several factors including the age of your pet, their breed/type/size, deductible amount chosen, reimbursement rate selected, and more. However, premiums typically start at $15 per month for Basic plans with higher-level plans costing around $50 per month or more. It’s important to shop around for the best price as prices can vary significantly between companies offering similar benefits.
Pumpkin Pet may be new to the insurance scene, but Pumpkin is somewhat different from the traditional insurers you’re used to. Instead of solely focusing on medical costs, Pumpkin Pet Insurance shifts focus to preventative care. The point of this focus is to avoid expensive medical costs and long-term medical care. There’s never been a better time to get pet insurance and Pumpkin is one to watch.
#1 - How Does Pumpkin Work?
Pumpkin may be slightly different but works like most traditional pet insurers. When your animal is sick, take them to a licensed vet, have them treated, and get reimbursed by Pumpkin. It’s that easy, and you can visit any licensed vet in the U.S. or Canada. So, if you’re traveling and your pet needs medical care, your costs should be covered. That’s useful, especially if you do a lot of traveling.
While additional pet travel insurance is necessary for overseas visits, across the border visits shouldn’t be too troublesome.↑
#2 - What Does Pumpkin Pet Insurance Cover?
Pumpkin’s standard coverage includes accidents and illnesses, hospitalization, emergencies, and prescriptions. However, there is a host of insurance policies available from Pumpkin and you can get a plan to suit your requirements.
Of course, costs may increase depending on the level of coverage you require. Fortunately, you can customize your plan to suit your budget. Being able to adjust your plan is a smart feature by Pumpkin. That offers great coverage without breaking the bank.
#3 - How to Sign Up to Pumpkin Pet Insurance?
You’ll need to go onto the Pumpkin Pet Insurance website to request a quote. You’ll then be asked if you have a cat or dog and their name and gender. If you have more than one pet, you can add them to the policy at the same time. And, you may be able to get a discount with a multiple pet policy too. It’s a great way to save money and bundle your insurance for convenience.
Pumpkin also needs to know the breed of pet and their age. Pumpkin offers insurance for dogs and cats of any age as long as they’re over 8-weeks old. There are no upper age limits either. You’ll then need to give Pumpkin some of your details such as your name, location, and email address. You’ll then be given an instant quote.
You can choose a standard insurance package that includes preventative care. More coverage can be added if necessary. In addition, there is no limit as to how many insurances claims you can submit in a year. That’s a desirable feature because animals could be involved in all sorts of accidents or incidents within a short period. And, the overall process takes minutes to complete.↑
#4 - Customer Service & Support
Pumpkin Pet Insurance has limited methods to contact customer support; however, that isn’t something to be too concerned about. You can speak to someone over the telephone or via email. You can easily email them to enquire about a previous claim you’ve made or about something else entirely. While the options are limited, the service is good.
Pumpkin offers dedicated customer support without having to leave your home.↑
#5 - Is Pumpkin the Right Pet Insurance for You?
Pumpkin is a quality pet insurance provider that offers fantastic discounts on a multiple pet policy. Also, it’s a nice touch that you can take your pets to any qualified vet in the U.S. or Canada. You can rely on getting cover even when you’re thousands of miles away from home.↑
#6 - Summary
Pumpkin is more user-friendly than many insurance providers. With their coverage, you can get reimbursed almost 90% of your eligible veterinary bills which helps reduce out-of-pocket expenses. That’s impressive and something that so few pet insurers are able to do. With Pumpkin you can get the right plan for your pet – and for the right price too.
Despite Pumpkin being a recent addition to the insurance industry, it impresses on so many levels.↑
- Voted “Best for Comprehensive Coverage” by Business Insider
- The pet insurance that prides itself on covering more, not costing less.
- Fast and easy online claims process
- No breed or upper age restrictions
- Always a 90% reimbursement rate
- You Can’t Change Your Reimbursement Limit
- You Can’t Choose Your Coverage Limit